Sunday, October 17, 2010

Daughters of Utah Pioneers Convention

Being the president of the Daughters of Utah Pioneers company in our part of Idaho, I was invited to the re-dedication ceremonies of the DUP Museum in Salt Lake last weekend. I attended a lovely brunch, got to attend the dedication services, and watched the ribbon-cutting celebration on the front steps. I then spent over 2 hours wandering around the museum just enjoying more of the displays and contemplating on the rich pioneer heritage I have. Many of the items in the museum are similar to things I saw in my grandparents' home, and it brought back memories of them. The next day I attended the annual convention. DUP is a great history-preservation organization, and the museum has thousands of artifacts of great historical significance in the pioneer era.

Mrs. Herbert, Governor Herbert, a Catholic bishop, and Elder Marlin K. Jensen of the LDS church 70's quorum were among the dignitaries at the dedication.


Governor Herbert and DUP Internation President, Bette Barton right before the ribbon-cutting.

Utah Governor Herbert and DUP President Bette Barton cut to the ribbon to officially re-open the museum.

A statue of Eliza R. Snow in the rose garden in front of the DUP Museum.

1 comment:

Will and Heidi said...

I'm glad you had a fun time and enjoyed being there! Good photos!